BOCOM International Holdings Company Limited (“BOCOM International”, stock code: 3329.HK) is the only integrated platform for securities and securities-related financial services of BOCOM (a state- owned joint stock commercial bank) in Hong Kong. As one of the earliest licensed securities firms with a PRC background in Hong Kong, BOCOM International has weathered many economic and industry cycles as well as regulatory reforms since its establishment in 1998, and has grown to become one of the largest securities firms specialising in securities brokerage and margin financing, corporate finance and underwriting, investment and loans, asset management and advisory businesses in Hong Kong. BOCOM International successfully landed on the main board of the HKEX on 19 May 2017.
BOCOM International will seize cross-border business opportunities from the stock connect programs and take full advantage of our background as a securities firm within a banking group to provide one- stop financial services for global customers. With building a comprehensive wealth management and financial services institution with global influence and market competitiveness in the region being its long-term strategic development goal, BOCOM International is committed to creating greater value for its customers and shareholders.
We believe that one of our core competitive strengths is our ability to offer comprehensive and integrated securities and financial products and services to our clients. Our principal business lines are:
• Securities Brokerage and Margin Financing. We execute trades on behalf of our clients in stocks, bonds, futures, options and other tradable securities and offer margin financing services to provide leverage to clients’ securities transactions.
• Corporate Finance and Underwriting. We provide one-stop corporate finance and underwriting solutions to our corporate clients, including IPO sponsorship, financial advisory, as well as underwriting (equity and debt) and placing services.
• Investment and Loans. We invest in equity and fixed income securities and other financial products for our own account. In addition, we may extend structure financing and loans to our clients to meet their various financing needs. Furthermore, we also invest in equity of privately-held companies for our own account.
• Asset Management and Advisory. We provide comprehensive asset management and advisory services to our clients, comprising mutual fund management, specialised asset management, private equity fund management and investment advisory.
We strive to become a financial services institution with a comprehensive product and service portfolio and internationalized operations that serves our clients globally and meets their various needs for securities and financial services. Our specific strategies include the following:
• Continue to strengthen our principal business lines and attract talented professionals
• Further develop our “capital-based”businesses and M&A financial advisory business to increase synergies and cross-selling capabilities among our business lines
• Enhance our international business platform and expand our global business
• Enhance our risk management system, internal control and IT capabilities
BOCOM, our controlling shareholder, was founded in 1908 and is the first nationwide state-owned joint stock commercial bank in the PRC. The H shares and A shares of BOCOM have been listed on the Stock Exchange (stock code: 3328) and the Shanghai Stock Exchange (stock code: 601328) since 2005 and 2007, respectively.
BOCOM is one of the large-scale financial institutions in the PRC‘s banking industry and its primary businesses include corporate banking, personal banking and inter-bank and financial market businesses. In addition, the BOCOM Group involved in fund, trust, financial leasing, insurance, overseas securities, debt-to-equity conversion and asset management through its subsidiaries.